- These terms and conditions, together with the terms and conditions that are specific to any Competition (as defined below) (the 'Competition Terms') are known as the 'Rules'. Words used in the Competition Terms shall have the same meaning when used here. In the event of any conflict between the Competition Terms and the Standard Terms, the Competition Terms shall prevail.
- The Rules apply to any competition (the 'Competition') that is promoted on the ISO 2019 website (www.indiastemolympiad.com) by or on behalf of Astronomy Education & Research Organization and by entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by the Rules.
- Astronomy Education & Research Pvt Ltd reserve the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Competition and/or the Rules without notice for any event that is outside of Astronomy Education & Research reasonable control. Any changes to the Rules, or cancellation of the Competition, will be posted on the ISO Website (www.indiastemolympiad.com). It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any changes to the Rules by visiting the website regularly for updates.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, the conduct or results of the Competition, or any other matter relating to a Competition, the decision of Astronomy Education & Research shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by Astronomy Education & Research.
- Competition is open to the students of registered schools from class III to XII only. The Online examination can be taken in English. Each school will be the centre for its registered students.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your Entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect. Astronomy Education & Research reserves the right to verify any information contained in your Entry and/or your eligibility to enter the Competition.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, the Competition is only open to persons who are resident in India and persons who are resident outside of India may not apply.
- Astronomy Education & Research reserve the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of the Rules, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Rules could lead to Astronomy Education & Research disqualifying that person, without Astronomy Education & Research giving any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
- Any school/(student) that is not affiliated to any of the recognised education boards/(is not a student of an affiliated school) of India is not eligible to enter the Competition. Astronomy Education & Research reserves the right to disqualify any school/student that it knows is, or has reasonable grounds to believe is, ineligible for the Competition as a result of this Rule.
- In the event that a Prize-winner is disqualified from the Competition, Astronomy Education & Research will, unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, select an alternative Prize-winner in the same manner as the original Prize-winner and such selection will be subject to the Rules.
- Entries must be made by the Closing Date and in the manner set out in the Competition Terms. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- There is no requirement to make any purchase in order to access the website.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, only one Entry per student is permitted. In the event that Astronomy Education & Research discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that the same student has made multiple Entries, such student and any Entries made by them shall be disqualified and, if such Entrant has already been selected as a Prize-winner, an alternative Prize-winner will be selected in accordance with Rule 10 above.
- Unless otherwise set out in the Competition Terms, Astronomy Education & Research accepts no responsibility for the return of any Entries.
- Prize-winners will be selected and notified in the manner set out in the Competition Terms. No prize will be awarded where any entrant has committed any form of misconduct (as determined by Astronomy Education & Research in its sole discretion).
- Prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives for non-cash prizes. In the event of a prize being unavailable for any reason Astronomy Education & Research reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- Prizes must be accepted in the manner set out in the Prize Notification. In the event that any Prize Notification is returned as undeliverable, Astronomy Education & Research reserves the right to disqualify the Prize-winner and select an alternative Prize-winner in accordance with Rule 10 above.
- Astronomy Education & Research accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury (other than our liability for personal injury or death as a result of our negligence) or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the Competition, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize.
- Astronomy Education & Research accepts no responsibility for Entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post, or due to computer error in transit. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
Intellectual Property Rights and Data Protection
- You agree that Astronomy Education & Research (and any third party authorised by Astronomy Education & Research) may use your Entry (whether or not it wins the Competition) for any promotional purpose (for example, placing it on the ISO website or on any poster, leaflet or other advertising media). You confirm that your Entry is original that you own and have the right to license to Astronomy Education & Research the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Entry for the purposes referred to in these Rules. You will retain ownership of copyright in your Entry but you give Astronomy Education & Research (and any third party authorised by Astronomy Education & Research) your irrevocable permission to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, sell and sub-licence your Entry worldwide for such promotional purposes and for the purposes of the Competition.
- Astronomy Education & Research will use any personal information that you provide with your Entry for the purposes of the Competition and, where you have given your consent, for marketing purposes including the distribution of regular email updates or newsletters. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used solely by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
- All Prize-winners unconditionally agree (as a condition of accepting any prize) to: (a) the use of their name, one or more photographs of themselves and disclosure of their State of residence (if such Prize-winner is resident within India) or country of residence (if such Prize-winner is resident outside India); and (b) co-operate with or participate in any other reasonable post-Competition publicity.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- The Rules and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Competition), existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Indian law.
- The Courts of India shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Rules or their subject matter, existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims).